For the better part of a year, KevinWilson360 has undergone a transition. Designed for faith-based innovators and renovators, the site migrated toward serving church leaders.
Today the change is official.
I am relaunching KW360 for leaders who want their churches to thrive by intentionally engaging in God’s mission. It is my prayer that this website will develop as a community of like-minded leaders whose hearts resonate with this purpose.
A New Sense of Urgency
When KW360 focused on faith-based nonprofits there was a feeling of excitement about posts. I was addressing planning new ventures, launching worship services and expanding the impact of faith-based organizations.
Now the thrill is replaced by a sense of urgency. Churches are the most rapidly declining sector of nonprofits in the United states, with at least 80 percent of churches plateaued or declining. As one who has worked full-time with churches the past decade, I know first-hand the challenges facing churches:
- At best 20 percent of people in any community are attending worship services any given weekend.
- The funding model for churches is inadequate for maintaining churches, let alone expanding congregations.
- Professional church workers are well trained, yet too often feel ill equipped for the current demands of ministry.
- Engaging members in congregational ministries beyond Sunday morning is increasingly difficult.
- Society is shifting from largely ignoring churches to becoming intolerant of historic Christian beliefs and practices.
Meeting the Need
The blog will address the above challenges, especially focusing on discipleship, leadership and congregational ministries.
As I planned relaunching KW360, it became clear a blog alone would not fulfill the website’s purpose. In the future I’ll add a couple of pages, including a resource page.
Another change is adding “comments” to the blog. While allowing comments has a downside (especially with spam), this is essential for creating community.
The original KW360 is just under 2 1/2 years old, with more than 300 posts. Because of the change of focus, I’m going to rewrite, repurpose or re-imagine posts that fit the congregational ministry and God’s mission.
Thanks for Checking Out KW360
If you’ve read KW360 from the beginning, thanks for sticking with me. If you’re a first time read, thanks for sharing some of your valuable time with me. If you’d like more information, check out my “About” page.
Leave a comment or shoot me an email if you have suggestions about how KW360 could support or encourage you.